BAYC Member Purchased A Trippy Fur Ape For $1,000,000 USD. What They Said After The Purchase:
Updated: Feb 8, 2022
The Bored Ape Yacht Club had a million dollar sale yesterday evening.
Thanks to NFTrader and BoredApeBot, the BAYC community was able to learn that Bored Ape #2130 was sold for 300 Eth or roughly $1 million USD.
Bored Ape #2130 was sold by BAYC collector, TheArtchitech to BAYC member, 4BananasCapital.
Bored Ape #2130 is a seven trait trippy fur ape with a Hawaiian shirt, beanie and a bored bubblegum mouth. Based on these traits, Bored Ape #2130 is the 139th rarest ape, according to Rarity Tools.
After the sale, apes were quick to congratulate both members and also thank NFTrader and BoredApeBot for making it possible for the community to see these private deals. “So Glad we can see these now, BAYC member Andy& Pretzels tweeted. “LFG.”
After the purchase, 4BananasCapital tweeted a six tweet thread explaining why they purchased Bored Ape #2130 and why they like the BAYC.
“1. Team. A bet on a startup is a bet on the team, and we think @CryptoGarga and @GordonGoner are as impressive as anyone in NFTs. Launching a viral product, staying engaged, delivering on their original roadmap, and quickly launching roadmap 2.0. We want to keep betting on them.
2. Brand. Brand strength is critical to long term success. #BAYC has an authentic brand+ story which resonates w/ people. Celebrity support and Christie’s/Sotheby’s features lift BAYC, and PFPs are not the only way people will engage: games, merch, live events, metaverse, etc
3. Community. BAYC's community is second to none, and BAYC’s emphasis on live events (Apefest!!) will lead to IRL connections that only strengthen it. BAYC has an IKEA or Peloton cult like following, and we think ‘cult like following’ is a strong moat even through bear markets.
4. Value additive. BAYC delivered big value to ape holders (dogs, mutants, treasure hunts) and will continue to do so in roadmap 2.0. The formation of the BAYC DAO should likely help direct economic value to ape holders as well.
5. Uncrowded. Trade During September, most projects suffered a dip followed by a surge in the last 1-2 weeks. BAYC was more steady: floor stayed between 36-42. We like @coolcatsnft and @cryptoadzNFT, but we don't see an eminent flippening and think BAYC is the better current bet.
6. Fun. Let’s not forget that NFTs are meant to be fun and engaging. We love buying, selling, collecting, trading, and looking at our apes, and we love being a part of the community. All of this is NFA and you should DYOR, but let's at least commit to having fun together.”
Be sure to follow 4BananasCapital on Twitter @4BananasCapital