Find Out Why This CryptoPunk Owner Bought A Laser Eyed Devil Ape For 109.69666 ETH
Updated: Feb 8
This handsome devil sold for 109.69666 Eth or roughly 470,000 USD yesterday evening.
Bored Ape #4612 was purchased by BAYC member Punk9059 yesterday evening. Bored Ape #4612 is a six trait golden brown fur ape with devil horns and laser eyes. Based on these traits, Bored Ape #4612 is the #1512 most rare ape, according to Rarity Tools.
For the past three days, Punk9059 has not been able to focus because he knew he wanted to get a “high end ape,” according to his Twitter account.
After the purchase, Punk9059 regained laser focus and laid out the 10 reasons why he purchased a laser eyed ape.
“(1)red lazers have been trading above 100 ETH for more than three months so I didn’t feel like I was chasing the rally.
(2) I like the optionality of owning a truly keynote attribute in apes. Watching punks mature, I know how top attributes create a premium.
(3) BAYC marketing machine is on fire. I’m especially pumped about their Guy Oseary deal as it seems to be paying dividends already.
(4) I think the marketing machine combined with Coinbase NFT launch could be relevant for a new audience.
(5) I checked with my BAYC friends on a bunch of high-end apes (mainly grills) and they seemed to think this the lazer was the best deal.
(6) I know the floors of a lot of attributes are high but red lazers have seen a lot of apes *trade* at >100 prices.
(7) Note that I’m still a punk at heart and think punks are the top 2-3 year play. This just evens my BAYC/punk exposure.
(8) Red lazers still at 120 go get em
(9) ironically I sold my BTC to buy the ape with the BTC eye lazer meme
10) took me 40 years to learn to spell the word "laser"