top of page
Donate with PayPal
Donate with PayPal
Donate with PayPal
Donate with PayPal

CANDY CRUSH!: More Than 121K Candy Digital Collectibles Were Burned Ahead Of The Platform’s Move To Solana!

  • Writer: Kyle
    Kyle
  • 11 minutes ago
  • 2 min read

Collectors were feeling like kids in a candy store on Thursday after sports and entertainment collectibles company Candy Digital officially closed its burn window last night as the platform prepares to move to Solana!



“The Free Migration Support and Burn Windows closed last night at 11:59 PM ET,” Candy tweeted. “We appreciate all of your efforts to access your collections and are glad you enjoyed the burning period.  @solana, here we come”

 

 

In total, more than 121,000 assets were burned in exchange for roughly $65,000 USD worth of credits for collectors ahead of the project’s relaunch on Solana, which is being led by former Sotheby's CEO and Doodles Chairman Tad Smith.


 

As the Gazette previously reported, Smith officially took over Candy earlier this week.


 

“The acquisition marks a new chapter for Candy Digital, with Smith stepping in to lead the business as it rebuilds around its fan community and a long-term vision for digital collectible ownership,” the company wrote. “As part of the transaction, Smith's company assumed digital licenses for Major League Baseball and DC Comics, continuing Candy's connection to some of the most recognizable names in sports and entertainment.”

 

As part of the acquisition, Smith will also be bringing his wife and former motion picture literary agent, Caroline Fitzgibbons, onboard to help the company better connect with fans, alongside notable names and founders from the company’s past, including Matt Novogratz, Mat Laibowitz, Steven Belser, Ryan Martin, Anthony Solis, Aaron Frebowitz, and Aaron Casanova.


"Candy has always been at its best when it brings fans closer to the moments and worlds they care about," said Matt Novogratz, Co-Founder of Candy Digital. "Tad understands collecting, culture, and trust at the highest level. This is the moment for Candy to reconnect with fans, rebuild the platform's foundation, and shape a future that's both premium and accessible."

 

Tonight, Candy published an X article laying out the project’s future on Solana, promising to build around scarcity, rebuild trust with longtime collectors, and make collecting fun again.


“The digital collectibles space does not need to repeat the last cycle to grow again," Smith said. "It needs better infrastructure, better supply discipline, better market design, and a better collector experience. That is where Candy is focused. Sports, non-sports, entertainment, comics, art, and culture all have a place in this next chapter. The foundation is being rebuilt. The direction is clearer. And Candy is moving forward.”

 

 

The Gazette will continue to follow Candy as the project makes its way to Solana and will let you know when and how collectors can start minting and collecting there. Stay tuned for updates!

Comments


Subscribe

Thanks for submitting!

  • Twitter

©2025 by The Bored Ape Gazette

bottom of page