MEET THE CANDIDATE: SSP Is Running For A Spot On The ApeCoin DAO's Discourse Facilitator Team
ApeCoin DAO Contributor and Discourse Facilitator nominee SSP, AKA Grumpy, means business as he runs for $Ape office.
Election 2023 is heating up around the swamp as 14 ApeCoin DAO contributors threw their hats in the ring and announced their candidacies for ApeCoin DAO's Discourse Facilitator team earlier this month.
As the Bored Ape Gazette previously reported, the DAO approved of the creation of a three-person, community led, Discourse moderation team last month when it passed Ape Improvement Proposal-240.
This team will be responsible for “overseeing the proposal process, moderating discussions, enforcing rules, and promoting positive community engagement based on DAO-approved guidelines,” according to the DAO. Each Discourse team member will serve a three-month term and will earn $8,000 USD per month.
One of the candidates running for a spot on the Discourse team is ApeCoin DAO Contributor SSP AKA Grumpy.
Take a look at what he wrote on his ApeCoin DAO candidate page below:
“As an ApeCoin DAO Maxi, I’m passionate about progressive decentralization and helping the DAO reach its full potential. While I’m not great at self-promotion, I do believe I have a few key strengths that would make me a valuable asset to the team:
• Collaborative Team Player: I’m always willing to roll up my sleeves and do whatever it takes to help the DAO succeed. I have a DAO-first mindset, and I’m constantly thinking about what’s best for the community.
• Institutional Knowledge: With my Discourse Trust Level 3 and deep understanding of the ApeCoin DAO infrastructure, I have the experience and expertise to navigate the DAO’s complex ecosystem. I deeply appreciate the hard work that’s gone into building the community, and I’m committed to continuing that legacy.
• AIP Expertise: I’ve helped numerous new members find their way around Discourse and have provided feedback on many AIPs. I’ve also authored several AIPs myself and have experienced the ups and downs of the Snapshot process firsthand.
In addition, I have excellent written communication skills, and I’m patient and empathetic when working with community members. I’m available full-time and always on call to monitor the community and respond to any issues that arise. Thanks for considering my nomination!"
To find out more about SSP and why he thinks he is the right $Ape for this team, the Bored Ape Gazette reached out to him for an interview. Check it out below:
1.In a sentence or two why should the $Ape community vote for you?
“If the $APE community is looking for someone that can hit the ground running, someone who understands exactly how the AIP process works, has over 8 months of working with Lost, Vulkan, Amplify and Special Council, and only seeks to continuously improve things, then I would request you a take a second look at my candidacy and respectfully ask for your vote.”
2.What made you want to run for Discourse Facilitator team?
“The current team - Lost, Vulkan & Amplify - are carrying the operations of the DAO on their shoulders. I'm running to help relieve some of this burden and responsibility from day one.”
3. What sets you apart from the other nominees?
“I think pretty much all the candidates would be great for the DAO. I basically have the most time in the DAO based on the data for Discourse contribution and activity.
4.What do you hope to accomplish during your term?
"Exactly what the 3-month job description details."
5. How did you get into Web3 and NFTs?
6. Do you have anything else you’d like to add or say?
“I would urge everyone to listen to the candidate interviews on ApeCoin Radio before voting. It's in Discourse and on Spotify. And shout out to my fellow candidates - it's not easy to put yourself out there so much respect.”
ApeCoin DAO Contributors who would like to find out more about SSP’s campaign can reach out to him via Twitter @ SSPnft.
The window to vote in the ApeCoin DAO’s first ever Discourse Facilitator election is currently open and ApeCoin holders have until next Wednesday to cast their coins.
The Bored Ape Gazette has reached out to all 14 candidates for an interview and will be publishing them as they reply. Stay tuned for updates!