PASSED: The ApeCoin DAO Voted To Create And Fund A Bug Bounty Program For Its Staking System
After weeks debate, the ApeCoin DAO voted in favor of the creation of a bug bounty program for the $Ape staking system.
In a close race, that had over 6.6 million votes cast, the ApeCoin DAO has approved of AIP-134 titled “Bug Bounty Program For AIP-21.”
As a result, the DAO will work with Immunefi and Llama to create and fund a 1 million $Ape bug bounty program for the ApeCoin DAO’s staking system. This bug bounty program will delay the DAO’s staking rewards by three weeks. This means that $Ape holders will not able to accrue staking rewards until December 7th, according to the proposal.
After the polls closed, the Gazette spoke with AIP-134 author and Special Council member Maaria Bajwa about tonight’s vote.
“I’m feeling really excited,” she told the Gazette. “Over 1,000 people showed up to vote! I was obviously rooting for the bug bounty program to pass, but even if it didn’t I would have celebrated the fact that the ApeCoin community would legit get a perfect score on their AP Bug Bounty test. As for next steps, we’ve already started coordinating efforts and are ready to start architecting the BBP.”
As the ApeCoin DAO voted in favor of the creation of a bug bounty program, Llama, one of the Dao’s bug bounty program partners, took to Twitter and laid out six of its roles in this bug bounty process:
- Writing a program overview to give whitehats context
- Determining bounty rewards and classifying their impact
- Determining which impacts are in-scope and which are out of scope
- Setting the rules for the program so we don’t promote any negative behavior
- Keeping the community updated on the status and effectiveness of the program and adjusting as needed
- Providing a great experience for whitehats by answering questions quickly.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for continued coverage of the bug bounty program.