Q&A: The Gazette Interviewed Zheerwagen About His $Ape Marketplace Proposal. Check It Out Here:
An Ape Marketplace has been a topic of discussion at the Ape Coin DAO for weeks.
Recently, various teams have submitted different ideas for an official ApeCoin marketplace for Yuga Lab NFTs.
Some of these marketplace ideas have been submitted by major players in the NFT space while others have been submitted by longtime Bored Ape Yacht Club members.
One of these marketplace ideas dubbed “Snag Solutions” was submitted by Bored Ape Yacht Club member Zheerwagen.
“At the heart of this proposal is our desire to build for the community, and embrace Web3 values of decentralization via composability, non-extraction, and interoperability,” Zheerwagen wrote in his proposal.
Zheerwagen went on to list some of the key features of the Snag Solution’s marketplace:
1. Leveraging @reservoir0x’s open-source, on-chain orderbook to increase openness and composability.
2. Aggregated orders from major marketplaces (OpenSea, LooksRare, X2Y2, Sudoswap, and more) to maintain a strong bridge to the rest of the NFT market.
3. Native sales in $APE with no fees to users buying and selling in $APE.
4. A .5% marketplace fee on $ETH listings and a .25% fee in $APE. .25% of all fees will be sent to a community-held multi-sig wallet on a monthly cadence. The use of funds can then be decided in a separate AIP. (more on why later) The .25% from $ETH will be converted to $APE and sent to the wallet.
5. Development of contextual and ape-specific marketplace functionality, such as integration of key BAYC metadata, relation to the Otherside, and more.
Further in the proposal, Zherrwagen wrote that Snag Solutions marketplace proposal will cost the DAO nothing and that they’d like a six-month lease on marketplace.apecoin.com pointed to their hosted website.
While Zherrwagen is the Co-Founder of Snag Solutions, the project also has several BAYC members as advisors. Check out Snag Solutions' full team below:
The Bored Ape Gazette reached out to Zherrwagen to find out more about the Snag Solutions Marketplace. Check out the Gazette’s full interview with him below:
1. How did you guys get together and build this marketplace? What’s the projects backstory?
“We built most of DoorDash's early merchant product suite, including the carousels we still use today. I got hooked on NFT's and pulled Jason in with me. I was running a lot of our white label biz helping Chipotle, Panera, etc. run their own digital channel, and saw the opportunity to do the same in NFTs.”
2. Why should the DAO pick you and your team?
“we're from the community and building exactly for this use case. We just announced our Goblintown & truth marketplace today (August 25th), and already have 10+ partners committed so can continue to build great project-specific marketplace features through our core roadmap.
3. What differentiates your marketplace from the others?
“Aggregation (showing competitive listings), and the lowest fees (.25%) that still drive value to the DAO (Rarible is free but doesn't contribute to the DAO). Our smart contract is also completely on chain and the most decentralized of the proposals. -- Because we're charging something it will fund ongoing development so we can keep improving the experience. We could also launch something free and let it sit. I'll include our cost model and proejcted rev (~$150K/year, or the cost of one engineer) in our final proposal.”
4. In 2 sentences, how would you pitch your marketplace to the community?
“We adhere to Web3 values of decentralization and interoperability, are from the community, and are the cheapest proposal that still drives value to the DAO.”
5. What should $Ape holders know about your marketplace?
“We'll keep building front-end features for the community well after launch and will listen to you to drive roadmap! We're already super active in the DAO Discord.”
6. What’s your long-term vision/ plan for an $Ape marketplace? Where do you see this going in 1 Year? What about 5 years?
“In the next ~12-months we'll build rich UI/UX like linked apes/mutants, deeplinking to the otherside, etc. and social features that bring the Yuga community together. As we capture Yuga community listings and volume we can easily expand to serve other projects, and drive more value to the DAO.”
7. Do you have anything else you’d like to add or say?
“If you don't vote for us, please just don't vote for Magic Eden, they massively centralized, and are far more extractive then the other community first proposals.”
The Bored Ape Gazette sent similar questions to each of the four proposed Marketplace creators via Twitter. So far, the Gazette has only heard back from the creators of X Marketplace and Snag Solutions.