The First Phase Of The Otherside Is An 11 Part Story AKA The Voyagers Journey. Here's What We Know:
Yuga Labs released a Litepaper over the weekend that said Voyagers are just taking their first steps into a massive Otherside story.
After a successful first trip to the Otherisde side this past weekend, Yuga Labs, the company behind the Bored Ape Yacht Club and the Otherisde Metaverse, released a nine-part litepaper that explained what Otherdeed holders, AKA voyagers, can expect going forward.
In the paper, Yuga Labs explains that there will be three phases to the Otherside and that Voyagers are currently in the first phase dubbed the Voyager’s Journey.
“Phase 1 marks the beginning of development for the Otherside platform,” the litepaper stated. “All Voyagers are invited to take part in Voyager’s Journey, an 11-part storyline surrounding a mysterious Obelisk that has appeared in the Otherside universe. Team up with other Voyagers, develop your own experiences on your slice of the Otherside, and discover and shape what can be harvested, crafted, traded, bought, and sold. Voyagers will play a large role in shaping the core capabilities of the platform through exclusive events, playtesting opportunities, and as co-developers of our Otherside Development Kits (ODKs).”
The first part of the 11-part storyline surrounding the mysterious Obelisk is the “First Trip.” This is the stage that Voyagers are currently in.
“The first stage of the Voyager’s Journey will be a series of tech demos, allowing Voyagers to journey into Otherside and participate in an evolving story,” the litepaper explained. “Voyagers will also get several chances with playtest sessions to help our developers push the limits of the platform technology. “First Trip” is the first of several “Trips” that Voyager’s will be able to participate in. The inaugural First Trip was held on Saturday, July 16th, 2022 at 12ET. Each subsequent Trip will take place on a different date in order to accommodate as many Voyagers as possible. Specific details on date and time will always be announced on our official social media accounts. In order for an Otherdeed owner to qualify as completing the First Trip stage, they just need to participate in any of the Trips or watch the Livestreams. More details will be provided on how to verify your participation soon.”
While Yuga Labs has given Voyagers a lot of information on the First Trip and what they need to do to complete this portion of the story, the company has been tight lipped about the other 10 parts.
Take a closer look at what we know about the next 10 parts the Voyagers Journey below:
2. THE CODEX: “Learn how to link your lands, and more, in the Otherside Codex, a living document co-written with the Voyagers. Remember, today’s decisions bring possibilities and risks for the future of the Otherside, so tread carefully.”
3. KODA ORIGINS // THE DECOUPLING: “A cosmic earthquake shakes up our universe, bringing with it a vision into the Kodas’ past and an opportunity for Voyagers to decouple their Otherdeeds’ constituent parts. Where do the Kodas and their artifacts go from here? Voyagers decide.”
4. THE GROWTH: “The lands of the Otherside rumble to life, generating resources, but a destructive and invasive species also emerges. Heed the Codex, Voyager.”
5. THE AGORA: “Voyagers, come together to buy, sell, barter, and trade for what you need. Or craft new items from raw materials. Let us build, create, and innovate with each other.”
Yuga Labs also went into more detail on The AGORA marketplace in the litepaper and explained that it will be a place for “buying, sorting, finding, trading, and selling the huge variety of things that can be created, farmed, harvested, and more,” the litepaper stated.
6. THE DREAM: “An (impossible?) arcade machine emerges at the center of the Biogenic Swamp. Use your trip wisely and be rewarded.”
7. THE CHOICE:” What lies beyond the Otherside? What creatures call it home – and are they friends or foes? New lands activate and are available for Voyagers. It’s time to choose a side.”
8. THE SETTLING: “The Otherside is what you make of it. Voyagers, take your resources and crafted items and create structures to populate your land.”
9. THE TOOLKIT: “An ODK brings new opportunities for Voyagers. Leave your mark on the Otherside as we build even bigger, together
The Litepaper goes into further detail on the ODK (Otherside Development Kit) and compares it to a suite of creation tools that will let users “create interoperable content for Otherside that largely falls into three categories: People - This is your account, your friends list, and your identity across Otherside. Places - Worlds you can travel between with common game systems. Things - Interoperable objects, avatars, wearables, items you can take between places - within the Otherside, and beyond.”
10. THE AERONAUTS: “Much of the Otherside is shrouded in mystery, but who knows what Voyagers might discover with a different perspective?”
11. THE RIFT: “An interdimensional rift cuts open the sky. Voyagers, it’s time to fully explore. Choose your starting stats and skills. Your work on the Obelisk is complete, but there is still much more to be done.”
The Bored Ape Gazette will continue to bring you coverage of the Otherside and Yuga Labs Litepaper. Stay tuned!